Google Sketchup – Time travel to Egypt!

May 23rd, 2013 | Posted by AlwaysComputing in Fun Stuff | Google Sketchup

5Recently I started using Google Sketchup with my year 4 class. The found the initial tutorial process hard, and it took them a while to get to grips with the complexity of the tools, but after a few weeks they became more confident in their ability and started to be more creative.

The task I gave them was to create their own ancient Egyptian scene, complete with pyramid, desert landscape, and ancient artifacts. They loved the challenge and set about think of ways to create this in Sketchup. As I have said in a previous post you have to get into the Google Sketchup way of thinking, and they certainly did this!

We had a class discussion about which parts we should make ourselves, and which parts they thought we should use the Model Warehouse. They we incredibly mature, with some pupils arguing that ‘If they worked hard they could make that’. Amazing to see.

The topic was rich in ideas to use with the pupils, and I can see us continuing for a few weeks with it. What has been your favourite Sketchup project? Any ideas or questions?

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.